Our Website (“the Website”) is designed to help us provide information to clients on our services and products. We also provide general information for owners about their pets and a symptoms checker for general advice and guidance. We may also allow you to register your details and those of your pet with us and provide methods to contact us and an online chat facility during our office hours.
Midleton Veterinary Hospital Ltd, Knockgriffin Industrial Park, Midleton, Co Cork, Ireland is a “data controller” which means we have to tell you certain information when asking for your personal information. Our website contains a number of pages where you can provide us with information, for example if you register using our online form.
- What personal information we collect about you when you use the Website
- How we collect your personal information in the Website
- How we use your personal information
- Who we may share your personal information with
- Any transfer of personal information outside of the EEA
- How long we keep your personal information
- What we do to protect your personal information
- What choices you have in relation to your personal information
We last updated this Privacy Statement on 4th November 2019.
Personal Information we process about you
What information we process about you
We may collect the following information about you:
- your name and address
- your mobile phone number
- your email address
- details about your pet
- payment information (including bank, debit or credit card details)
- information about your use of the Website (e.g. what you have read and what actions you have taken)
Personal Information you give us
Registering with us
If you wish to register your pet with us we will collect personal information from you in order to set up an account with us.
Booking an appointment
If you book an appointment for your pet with us, we will collect personal information from you so that we can register you and your pet and provide you with an appointment.
We collect personal information from you if you contact us via our contact forms, an email link or participate in an online chat with us.
You may choose to provide us with personal information if you post to our blog.
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you use the Website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
- IP addresses (the name and internet address your device uses to identify itself to us)
- Your activity in our website including times and dates of visits
- Information on your location
- other websites you may have visited
How we use your Personal Information
Our legal basis for using your information
The law only allows us to use your personal information in certain limited circumstances. We will most commonly process your personal information:
- Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you (e.g. when you have asked us to treat your pet)
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. keeping records for insurance purpose)
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (this allows us to send you information about our own services or products that are related to or similar to those you have already purchased from us, unless you tell us otherwise)
- Where you have consented to us using your personal information
What this means in practice
Any personal information that you give to us may be used in the following ways:
- to allow us to register you and your pet with us so that we can provide veterinary services to you
- to provide you and your pet with an appointment
- to answer any queries that you may have
- to contact you with information about your pet’s health
- to keep a record of your pet’s health
- to administer medication to your pet
- to process your payment
- to administer any insurance claims
- to contact your insurance company
- to contact another practice or hospital if your pet needs further treatment
- to contact you with information about services or products similar to those you have received from us previously (unless you tell us not to)
- to prevent and detect fraud
- to tell you about changes to our website or software
- to help us improve the Website to make it better for all users
- to get your feedback on the Website
- to administer the Website (such as troubleshooting, data analysis, research)
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing your pet with veterinary services or medication), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure that we keep the necessary insurance and veterinary records).
Sharing your Personal Information
Our Business Partners
We may share your information with carefully selected third parties including:
- Other veterinary practices or veterinary hospitals (but only once we have discussed with you and you agree)
- Our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Analytics and search engine providers who analyse information about your use of our website and help us to tailor the product and offers that we offer to you and other users
The following organisations are used by us to provide the Website:
- com Limited (www.vethelpdirect.com – provider of our symptom checker and communication services)
- Radius Technologies, www.radius.ie, provides our computers, server and email addresses.
Legal Requirements and Law Enforcement
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we sell our business in which case the personal information that we hold will be part of the transferred assets.
Third Party Privacy Policies
Keeping your Personal Information
How we store your personal information
The security of your personal information is important to us.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard personal information. We use encryption technology where appropriate to enhance privacy and help prevent information security breaches. We use industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our systems.
Any personal information that we provide to you will be held within the EEA and the UK should it leave the EEA
All third parties who provide services to the Website are required to sign contract requiring them to have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to ensure that your information is protected against loss or misuse.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Information on our third-party providers can be found above.
Retention of information
We only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collected your information.
If you chose to send us information via email, we cannot guarantee the security of this information until it is delivered to us.
Access to information
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to receive a copy of the information that we hold, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at the address above.
Changing or deleting your information
You can ask us at any time to change, amend or delete the information that we hold about you or ask us not to contact you with any further marketing information. You can also ask us to restrict the information that we process about you.
Right to prevent Automated decision making
You have a right to ask us to stop any automated decision making. We do not intentionally carry out such activities, but if you do have any questions or concerns we would be happy to discuss them with you and you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring Personal Information
You have the right to request that your personal data is transferred by us to another organisation (this is called “data portability”). Please contact us at email@example.com with the details of what you would like us to do and we will try our best to comply with your request. If may not be technically feasible, but we will work with you to try and find a solution.
If you make a request to us under this Privacy Statement and you are unhappy with the response, you can ask for the request to be reviewed under our internal complaints procedure. Our internal complaints procedure allows your request to be reviewed by Liam O Reilly and Tom O Brien who will do their best to try and resolve the issue.
The right to complain:
If you feel that Midleton Veterinary Hospital Ltd has not fulfilled its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, then you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner (DPC).
The DPC offers guidance on how to make a complaint here: https://www.dataprotection.ie/docs/Making-a-Complaint-to-the-DataProtection-Commissioner/r/18.htm
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We review our Privacy Statement on a frequent basis to check that it accurately reflects how we deal with your information and may amend it if necessary. You should check this page regularly to see the most up to date information.
How to Contact us
We welcome questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Statement which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org